Accessing professional and expert support
Knowing who to call when your symptoms of compassion stress, compassion fatigue, or burnout have become too hard to bear is a necessary part of restoring your occupational wellbeing.
Medical doctors, therapists, and other trained professionals are the best resource to help you return to positive mental and emotional health.
Don’t prolong your suffering – reach out for help if you need it.
Professional Interventions include:
- Regular physical check-ups with your family doctor
- Regular check-ups and cleaning from your dentist
- Meeting with a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist
- Accessing a distress or help phone line if you need to talk. Family and friends are a good start, but if you’re in the middle of crisis, a trained profession can help you more directly.
- A lack of financial planning can be a cause of stress. Meeting with a financial advisor can help you with effectively managing your money.
- Meet with a nutritionist
- Make an appointment with a fitness coach to meet your physical activity needs.
- Massage, chiropractic, and other integrative medical practitioners.
- Be aware of your what your benefits plan provider covers and use your benefits wisely.