Fill out this survey to find out where you fall on the compassion continuum.
Individual interventions are self-directed strategies that build a person’s wellbeing.
- Talking to friends or family about feelings of stress or distress
- Enjoying physical activities like gardening, running with a dog, doing yoga with an online instructor, playing pick-up soccer with neighbours, or training for a marathon.
- Eating nutritious comfort foods or talking time to enjoy a quiet lunch
- Implementing mindfulness strategies
- Taking time to prepare and organize for the school day
- Attending to other areas of self-care
- Connecting and building on areas of spiritual health
- Drawing, painting, singing, or dancing
Burnout is the result of ongoing stress and increased workload on the job.
In educational settings, having more students in a class, taking on extra volunteer duties, or learning a new report card software can increase the symptoms of burnout.
Implement individual interventions as soon as you start feeling any of the symptoms of burnout.